Tuesday, May 08, 2007

RSS

I've finally figured out why people use RSS and a reader instead of going to individual blogs -- most blogs don't post on a daily basis, so when I go and check your blog every day and it isn't updated, I get discouraged. With a nice RSS reader, I check that daily, and if your blog was updated, I read your post.

For blogs which are updated daily, however, a reader is mostly useless.

Finally, a disclaimer: I hate it when the RSS feed for a blog doesn't include the entire blog entries, and makes you click through to the actual blog. Then you're increasing the amount of work I need to do when I read your blog. I honestly have no idea about the behavior of my own blog. If anyone reads this, then feel free to drop me a note and let me know.

1 comment:

Irwin said...

If only yours included the full posts :)